Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Packing my life into my trunk again.

So.. Tomorrow is that day where I'm back to Evansville as a permanent place of residence for the next 10 months. As much as I go on about how happy this would usually make me, I've never felt so negatively about it. Crazy right?

Truth is, this Summer as short as it was, has undoubtedly been the greatest one of my life. I feel like I've never done so much good for myself and others, sad part is I still don't feel as if I've done enough. I wish I just had some more time. You can do so much, and yet never to enough, and most certainly cannot do too much. I'm glad the weather is as incredible as it has been these past couple days so I can just really enjoy my last bit of time here.

Where do I begin?
Well, thank God for The Rising.. That's for sure. I've never known such an incredible bunch of people, a family. There is so much love in this one place, it would blow one's mind. Definitely the biggest influence on this great summer I have had. Just getting involved there, starting with Bigstuf... All the new friends I have, it makes leaving home so much harder when you know a lot of people are here that care. I just can't say enough about that place. I owe so much to the place, to the person who brought it to my attention, to the people I've met there. I hope I can bring someone there and it have that same impact on them. My relationship with God isn't just so much better because of the place, it actually exist because of the place. It's gotten to be strong enough to where I know I won't need it forever to keep the relationship strong. It just makes me want to give so much more than I have. One thing I'll never forget, was baptizing one of my best friends. Wanna talk about feeling awesome, that'll do it for ya.

I feel so bad about this summer sometimes... I'm sorry to all the people I didn't get to spend the time with I know I should have. Mckenna, Secoy, Rachel, Kelsey, The Byas family, my own family... I'm really sorry to them. Just some of those things I didn't dedicate myself too enough. I feel like crap for it, but I guess I'm only human. And how in the world I went through a grand and didn't even go shopping, I don't know.. I feel like I'm a fool.. So does my dad ha..

And how little I worked this Summer.. I had big plans for myself, in regards to income. I was gonna do so much with myself financially, and get ready for this coming year.. Well that all went to hell. I ain't even gonna take that blame on my own though.. I can't say I didn't try. Don't ever cheat anyone, ESPECIALLY YOURSELF.

What else... Well, I got a tattoo done this Summer, that will stick with me forever. I think that's pretty cool. I'm glad I got something done I came up with on my own, in my own handwriting even. That makes it a lot more special to me, being something I believe in. And yeah, definitely addicting.

It's a shame that I had to cap off my summer with some bad news.. but I can't really let it bring me down. So what I gotta find another place to live, yeah I'm not happy about it, but that's why you plan for the worst and only HOPE for the best. Never let yourself fall short. I guess that's kinda like a losers way out, but when it's not all up to you there's not much else you can do. Yeah, school is gonna cost me quite a bit more than I had planned on this year, but it's still worth every penny.

This summer has taught me that even though things change, real friends don't. That's why I'm glad I have the tri-pod.. Still the best friends I've ever had, friends that I know I'll have forever. The first people to give me a realization of what friendship is about. I'm forever grateful...

Gotta wonder what if.. I didn't leave home for college... I didn't broaden my horizons... Never wrote a blog... Expressed myself like I only know how to... Never found God... Where would I be without all the things that keep me human? I guess that's why I say to never consider things that didn't happen, because they didn't happen, therefore it's irrelevant.

I dunno man... Life is crazy. To everyone that has been a part of this summer, thank you so much, it's been awesome. Even those of you who I didn't get to enjoy much of it with, you're still appreciated. Can't believe this summer is over.

"Though it's ending, things have only just begun. And the sky still grey, and I still seek the sun."
-Methodical Wun: The Rain

-->Alex Richey<--

No comments:

Post a Comment