Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Things That Keep Me Going

So I don't know exactly how many people read my blogs. I get views on blogspot, I get views on Facebook, and I get views on Myspace as well. The only place where I can tell how many people read and it actually matters is myspace because nobody uses a blogspot really, but I don't really get on myspace too much to care any more...

But what I do know is that I do have some readers. Not as many as I would like probably, but some is better than none. It really drives me up a wall whenever I see that someone has viewed it but didn't comment. I really want to know what people think of my writing. I think people open up the page and get scared to read it by the look of how long it may be. Oh well... Their loss...

But sometimes people do tell me what they think, and I don't get negative responses. If I did, I would fix where I don't do so well, or just stop writing all together, but that's not a problem.

Recently a friend of mine that I work with was telling me about how she read my blog entitled "My Intervention" and told me that it inspired her to quit smoking. As simple as this is it really did give me a lift. The blog was something I wrote for me, talking about how I plan to better myself, and I inspired someone to better themselves. Not that I see anything wrong with smoking or have a problem with it, I just think it's a bad habit and find it unattractive. Especially on girls. And I know that it is very hard to give up on, kudos to you people who do.

What I got from this is that I am actually making an impact on someone who reads what I write, and even though it's only one person that has told me about how I helped them better themselves, it's good enough for me. I'd like to have that kind of impact on everyone I meet but I realize that that is a bit outrageous. Just to know that something as simple as a blog, as long as a couple pages of paper, could make someone want to better themselves... That's good stuff.

I don't get paid to do this, I'm not a motivational speaker or writer or whatever, I just do it because it is one thing that I can put my heart into and something I can enjoy and be 100% real about. That's funny because I hear people tell me that I should look into journalism, make this a career. That would be nice to get paid to do something that I absolutely love doing but when you really absolutely love doing something, you do it for free.

Of course I do it for free. And I can't help but try to more when I realize that I can make an impact with my words.

"You get what you pay for" it is only true with materialistic things. Free advice can be worth everything if you get it from the right people

You can say all the right things, but they aren't worth a thing unless you mean it.

Until something else inspires me, I stay waiting...

-->Alex Richey<--

No comments:

Post a Comment